Zucchini is an easy healthy vegetable. This low-calorie veggie is a perfect food for those who are trying to maintain low-calorie diet; high in potassium (which is good for your heart health); and high in vitamin C.
Today, we share with you an easy quick recipe that will make your table look fancy and your family and guests happy and impressed.
Green onion (2 or 3 heads)
½ cup milk
1 cup mixed cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, feta)
Seasoning: salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F, and prepare a baking dish by coating the inside (including the sides) with cooking spray or melted butter
- Slice the zucchini thinly and cut the green onion.
- Sauté the sliced zucchini and green onion on medium heat in a deep pan.
- In a pot, mix the milk, the cheeses, the eggs and the seasoning
- Place the sautéed zucchini and the green onions in the baking dish and coat it with the milk-cheese-eggs mixture.
- Optional: you can add some grated parmesan cheese on top
- Back for 15 minutes and put it under the broiler for few minutes until the top coat is golden.
- You can replace milk and cheese with soy milk or vegan cheeses.
- You can replace eggs with sour cream.
Originally posted 2017-08-24 15:58:07.