This book outlines how successful people differ from ordinary people. The author states that the thinking patterns of successful people are major game changers and the differentiating factor. He goes into great details and outlines the logistics of the different thinking patterns that successful people go through that make them unrivaled leaders. He recommends that a person can change the way their mind works by going through these six steps:
- You must absorb valuable knowledge in order to start the thinking process—whether it is through books, magazines, movies, etc., surround yourself with knowledge and ideas so that your mind has more information to use in order to initiate the thinking process.
- The second key concept is to spend time with those who also possess the ability to think. Surround yourself with good thinkers so that your mind can be continuously get stimulated by those who will lift you up, not sink you down.
- Since thinking is a discipline that must be exercised, you must maintain your thoughts and keep your diligence in terms of thinking good thoughts.
- Once you have acquired those good thoughts you must act upon them and turn fantasy into reality. Acting upon your thoughts is a must in order to achieve your desired outcome. Due to the small window in which we get to act upon our thoughts, you must seize the opportunity when it arises and do not loiter and waste time when it comes.
- You must allow your emotions to govern your thinking. You cannot start your thinking process until you ‘feel like it’ you must actively pursue your thinking.
- You must repeat this process in your head over and over again. You must visualize your success until you actually materialize it in the physical realm. Repeated exposure to your success in your mind will fill your thoughts with this image of your desired result. You will see this scene in your head so many times that you will subconsciously act upon it and thrive.
A successful person must be in touch with their creative side of their mind. They must be great problem solvers; they must see ‘the big picture’. Only then can they be successful.
Originally posted 2016-03-27 05:31:55.