In his book, Tim S. Grover, the personal trainer of the elite athletes like Michael Jordan and Dwayne Wade, outlines 13 actionable qualities that will enable you to extreme success in career and life. Those qualities shape the mindset and work ethic of successful people and make them unstoppable or relentless as Tim calls them.
Tim differentiates between three categories of people: the cooler, the closer and the cleaner. The coolers are careful and followers to other successful leaders. They don’t make decisions unless they have to. They turn away from problems, and they prefer to play it safe.
The closers are capable of dealing with pressure, but their primary motive is recognition, and they do what they do for the sake of getting the credit. They are after the reward.
The cleaners are never satisfied with the status quo, they are always on the hunt for new success, and they still have more to do. The 13 actionable of them are:
- Keep pushing yourself, even when everyone else gave up.
- Significant focus will enable you to get into a sharp mental state and get control over everything around you.
- Know who you are. Unlearn what you have learned that makes you fearful, weak, hesitant and vanish any mental or physical limitations.
- Tap into your dark side that makes you resist and push yourself Use this fore to achieve what you want.
- Make pressure your growing power and a driving force to become ready all the time, to be continually working to achieve a goal. Use pressure to stay sharp, motivated and charged.
- Have unstoppable confidence, but be flexible enough to change plans when things are not working your way. Your confidence will eliminate any fear of failure and will push you in the right direction.
- Don’t compete with anyone, make them compete with you; study your opponent carefully; advance your skills and keep challenging yourself.
- Make decisions and find the answers to your own Don’t wait for others, decide and act. Seek advice only from those who can give it and work fast and hard.
- Don’t love the work, love the results. There are no shortcuts to success, only hard work. Be determined to reach your target and never stop moving until you are there and be willing to offer some sacrifices along the way.
- Being liked is not necessarily equivalent to being successful. Earn respect through your actions. Don’t talk about what you want to do and how you will do it Don’t speak much and only work to reach excellence and focus on one thing and one thing just, your craft.
- Know many, trust few. Keep your trust in yourself and surround yourself with only the right people, those who want to see you succeed.
- If it doesn’t work, find another way. You are done only when you are done. There is no “failure”, only “try again”. You just fail when you decide to stop trying. Think of alternative, find other ways, and it is OK to change plans and directions.
- Don’t celebrate success. A real relentless is always working towards a goal. There is no time for celebration because you are still hungry for more. Be ever ready to hunt for opportunities.
Originally posted 2018-01-12 15:25:09.