This book gives you an insight into how our brain works and processes information and it also explores the realms of our mind and cognitive functions. It is written by John Medina; a professor, research consultant and an expert in molecular biology. This book is designed to allow you to unshackle the bonds restricting your mental growth and development and unlock your brain’s true capabilities; this goes from being more productive and proactive at work to excelling in school and enriching your thoughts. The strategies in this book are:
- Exercise and physical training stimulates the body as well as the mind and allows it grow as well as generate new hormones for mental development. Our ancient ancestors ran around 10-20 kilometers per day so this means that our brain did not evolve to be loafing about, it is not designed to be lazy.
- Every human has their own natural sleep cycle which is unique to them. Following it allows our brains to develop in a healthy and natural way.
- Chronic stress is dangerous to our mental development, making us think poorly and lose focus very quickly.
- Your brain is hardwired to see only the things YOU deem important and blocks the rest. You must train your brain to recognize what is truly important so it doesn’t block it out.
- Every brain is unique and has its own set of expertise as well as strengths. In order to thrive you must find the areas of your life that you excel in the most and develop them. You are not wired for everything.
- Your brain only remembers the things that are meaningful and significant and forgets the rest. That’s why when it comes to the things that are truly important and worth remembering you have to remind yourself over and over again so you don’t forget it.
- Our senses have evolved to work hand in hand. That’s why multisensory learning is important.
- To better remember facts you must combine visuals with information. Our sense of sight is our most powerful sense.
Originally posted 2016-04-03 17:21:59.